Sunday 16 February 2014

*Shrugs*

Yeah, shrugs.

Also known as "adventures in knitting sleeves for those too lazy to make the rest of the jersey"

^.^;

Hey, the pattern was lying on the top of the $1 pattern box at Knitworld when I was between projects.

Impulse shopping is so very, very evil. . .

I got the pattern and ended up making two shrugs.

The first one is ALL MINE MUAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA *ahem* the large size made with King Cole's Mirage.


I'm already regretting the choice of yarn a bit. While it looks utterly lovely all knitted up the halo is kinda scratchy and it pills like an absolute beast.

Blargh.

Knitting with Mirage can be a bit of a pain as well. It is basically a DK-thick single, meaning you have to manage the twist as you knit. Because of the way I knit mine tended to wind itself into an overspun state so every now and then I'd have to stop knitting and un-twist my yarn so it was puffy and relaxed again.

Even knowing all that it looks so good I'd probably use it again if I found the right project.

Shrug Number Two was made with Patons Rainbow 8ply (Colour #249). This yarn comes in truly ginormous balls so the small size shrug only needed one of them, opposed to the 1 2/3rds for the large in Mirage.

The final result came out a lot better than the Mirage, all thick and soft and squishy. If the arms were longer I would definitely keep it.

This one is going up to England to keep my Sister-From-Another-Mister warm in the chilly winter wind, so I'm going to have to wait to see if it really is as snuggly-soft as I think it is.


The almost even colour-banding on this was a complete accident. I'm still not sure how that happened o.O

I hope you are well and not dying of overheating or turning into a giant iceblock.

~Topaz

No comments:

Post a Comment