Monday 6 August 2012

Where Did The Time Go?

Wow, it's August already?

And I've been neglecting this blog since WHEN?

Oh my.

Time to make a 2/3rds Year Resolution (New Year's Resolutions are so 1999) to breathe some life back into this poor blog.

Be warned, it'll probably only start staggering around and groaning "Braaaaainsss", but it's better than nothing, right?

I wasn't wasting the time spent absent by not crafting. As soon as the winter's crop of chilblains cleared up enough I finished Mum's Birthday Socks.

Opal's "Fisherman" colourway and the Sunday Swing pattern from Knitty. Have a horrible inside-light photo:

No I didn't block them. I don't know how!

I adore Opal's sock yarns and this colourway is absolutely delightful. It reminds me of a fishing trip out to the Mackenzie Country with Grandpa where we caught ONE salmon in the entire week of sitting beside lakes and canals. Oi!

I'm still a very slow sock knitter, so these were about 1.5 months late ^.^;

All the best gifts are a little late, right?

~Topaz

1 comment:

  1. ZOWIE!!! Those sockses ROCK!!! What kind of a weirdo blockses sockses?! Honestly! I love that Opal yarn, all those pretty colours in one delicious skein! M'good! Poor Grandpa, I can see why most fishermen drink! The very best gifts are the ones that are a bit late indeed! Mine certainly is awesome! Thanks again. Love you to bits.

    Cinn. :)

    ReplyDelete